View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2017-06-27 03:43:17

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Finding the right USPTO class - a job for machine learning? 

We are a group of academics working on text classification and are publishing a paper on finding the right patent class for an invention, based on a short description.

We are thinking about commercializing it and wonder if the community would use a tool like that. Is finding the right USPTO/IPC classification a problem? Is there a space for machine learning-based tools?

Give it a try: patentclassifier.com/large_text/ , will be excited to hear your feedback!

2014-11-25 21:34:24

FWIW, the target audience for classification is patent *searchers*, which is typically a different community than patent prosecutors or IP attorneys. Not saying that this forum is inappropriate, just that you may have more luck at a place devoted to patent searching.

The opinions expressed on this message board are mine and do not represent the views of my law firm, colleagues, or clients. My writings on this board are not legal advice and are offered for educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is created by my writings on this board.

2014-12-20 12:34:14
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]