View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2017-06-25 14:14:18

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 AIA small business report due today 
Patent Practitioner

The Leahy-Smith America Invents Act mandated the Small Business Administration to complete a study and prepare a report on "how the [first-to-file] change would affect the ability of small business concerns to obtain patents and their costs of obtaining patents". It is to be delivered to the Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and the Committee on the Judiciary of the Senate and the Committee on Small Business and the Committee on the Judiciary of the House of Representatives "not later than the date that is 1 year after the date of the enactment of this Act"--i.e., not later than September 16, 2012. This means Monday, September 17, 2012 would be a day too late.

As I read Section 3(l) of the America Invents Act (that's "Section Three-little-L"), this report is due today, given that government business doesn't usually happen on Saturdays or Sundays, and Monday would be past deadline.

I'm interested in what the mandated study might have produced and what it actually investigated. Does anyone know anything more about this? Was the study quietly completed and published a while ago, and I just didn't hear about it?

2012-09-14 09:53:27
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]